I’m researching different training providers. Can you tell me about your accreditation?
To learn about GoLeanSixSigma.com's Accreditation as a Lean Six Sigma training provider, please check out our Accreditation page.
GoLeanSixSigma.com’s mission is to revolutionize the way people learn process improvement – making it easy for everyone everywhere to build their problem-solving muscles. We’ve built our Lean Six Sigma courses and a wealth of supporting resources to support that mission.
In fact, 81% of our learners report having been able to improve processes at their organization by using the skills they learned at GoLeanSixSigma.com!
When you register for any of our courses, we share our 25+ years of experience with you to help ensure you're successful.
There Is No Official Governing Body for Lean Six Sigma
Unlike the Project Management Institute (PMI), there is no official governing body for Lean Six Sigma training or its curriculum. Organizations and training providers create their training programs and curriculum based on their own needs and guiding principles.
Below are a couple of reasons why there is no official governing body for Lean Six Sigma:
- Organizations choose the tools and methods that work best for them. For example, manufacturing organizations may see value in training employees in the use of Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), whereas transactional (service) organizations may not see this tool as useful given their processes.
- Lean and Six Sigma methods were derived from work done at Toyota and Motorola decades ago. Their focus was on building problem-solving cultures and achieving results as opposed to issuing certifications. In both organizations, their methods continued to evolve and change as they learned what worked best for them.
An important consideration in selecting your training provider is to understand what guides their approach to process improvement. Below are the philosophies and principles that shape GoLeanSixSigma.com’s offerings:
- Provide the Most Useful Content: We understand that organizations want to solve problems, get results and thrive. For learners to apply process improvement successfully, it is best to focus on the tools and methods that have proven to be the most useful for Yellow, Green and Black Belts. It’s key not to cover every single tool, graph or statistical test in the toolkit, but to highlight and spend time on the tools and methods most helpful in delivering solid improvement results.
- Make Better Problem Solvers: We guide and support a practical approach to helping learners get better at solving problems. We focus our efforts squarely on empowering each learner to becoming a better problem solver, not necessarily a better statistician, mathematician or historian.
- Improve Retention and Recall: Learners using both online and face-to-face education run the risk of forgetting what they’ve learned. We’ve designed interactive material to challenge learners and drive retention. Exams are a way to cement education and improve learner recall, so instead of charging additional fees for retakes, we guide learners to ensure they understand the content as they work to pass the exams.
- Embrace the Current Best Practices: We pay attention to thought leadership, the newest methods and what we learn from our clients every day. We constantly update and adapt our materials to incorporate the best of the best into our Continuous Improvement body of knowledge. We are never satisfied with “good enough.”
Who We’ve Helped
GoLeanSixSigma.com has over 250,000 learners in 220 countries and territories across the globe. Because of our success, our Lean Six Sigma courses are globally recognized.
You can see a full list of organizations we've helped – like Amazon, Chevron, Hilton and WeWork – along with the accredited institutions that offer our courses by visiting the Clients page.
Partnerships with Institutions of Higher Learning
We partner with UC San Diego, ranked the #1 public university in the nation, and over 2,000 other higher education institutions across the U.S. to offer our Yellow, Green and Black Belt courses to their students.
Available Professional Development Units (PDUs) & Continuing Education Credits (CPEs)
Our courses are in alignment with both these organizations so we’re able to offer PDUs for the Project Management Institute (PMI.org) and CPEs for the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy https://www.nasbaregistry.org/exhibitors/goleansixsigmacom (NASBA).
Start Improving Today!
Our goal at GoLeanSixSigma.com is to ensure you learn and apply Lean Six Sigma successfully. We recommend that you research training providers to get a hands-on sense of each provider's courses so you can truly grasp the quality before investing your time and money. To help you with this we offer our White Belt and Yellow Belt Training for free.