GoLeanSixSigma.com’s mission is to revolutionize the way people learn process improvement – making it easy for everyone everywhere to build their problem-solving muscles.
- Organizations choose the tools and methods that work best for them. For example, manufacturing organizations may see value in training employees in the use of Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), whereas transactional (service) organizations may not see this tool as useful given their processes.
- Lean and Six Sigma methods were derived from work done at Toyota and Motorola decades ago. Their focus was on building problem-solving cultures and achieving results as opposed to issuing certifications. In both organizations their methods continued to evolve and change as they learned what worked best for them.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ GoLeanSixSigma.com is ranked 437 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in America.
- Provide the Most Useful Content: We understand that organizations want to solve problems, get results and thrive. For learners to apply process improvement successfully, it is best to focus on the tools and methods that have proven to be the most useful for Yellow, Green and Black Belts. It’s key not to cover every single tool, graph or statistical test in the toolkit, but to highlight and spend time on the tools and methods most helpful in delivering solid improvement results.
- Make Better Problem Solvers: We guide and support a practical approach to helping learners get better at solving problems. We focus our efforts squarely on empowering each learner to become a better problem solver, not necessarily a better statistician, mathematician or historian.
- Improve Retention and Recall: Learners using both online and face-to-face education run the risk of forgetting what they’ve learned. We’ve designed interactive material to challenge learners and drive retention. Exams are a way to cement education and improve learner recall, so instead of charging additional fees for retakes, we guide learners to ensure they understand the content as they work to pass the exams.
- Embrace the Current Best Practices: We pay attention to thought leadership, the newest methods and what we learn from our clients every day. We constantly update and adapt our materials to incorporate the best of the best into our Continuous Improvement body of knowledge. We are never satisfied with “good enough.”
You can see a full list of organizations we've helped – like Amazon, Chevron, Hilton and WeWork – along with the accredited institutions who offer our courses by visiting the Clients page on our website.
We are also accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)! That means the BBB has determined that GoLeanSixSigma.com meets accreditation standards which includes the commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
No Affiliation with Other Lean Six Sigma Training Providers
Also, many learners who already have their ASQ and IASSC certifications complete their Lean Six Sigma training again with us because of how practical, fun and easy it makes it for them to improve processes.
Ready to start your process improvement journey and get a better understanding about the GoLeanSixSigma.com approach? Feel free to learn more by clicking here.